Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV Security, Privacy Protection and BSOD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BadwidthTech

BadwidthTech

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

This Wednesday my laptop was attacked by rogue malware programs that shut down all my programs and didn't let me start anything. Specifically, they were titled "AV Security 2011/2012(?)" and "Privacy Protection." Privacy protection seemed to be the main problem as it would shut down processes.

Anyways I tried rebooting in safe mode to run MBAM and RKill+TDSS Killer as the do it yourself guides have said. However, privacy protection still came up and stopped it after a while. I decided to restart and try again, but I was unable to log-in due to a blue screen crash. The error usually said something about KERNEL_INPAGE and "win32k.sys." However, depending on how I started the computer I would get different errors like "A Critical process was terminated." or even "Operating System not found." I am still somewhat able to start through the "Windows Domain Services" option but it will blue screen after running for a while and I have yet to successfully run a full antivirus scan besides TDSSKiller which only found NetBT and RKill which killed no processes. I have even tried restoring my system to an earlier checkpoint however that bluescreens me on the spot.

The stop codes I am getting are 000000F4 and 0000007A. I am on Windows XP Media Center Edition, on a Sony VAIO Laptop. Thank you for your time, any help is appreciated.

Edited by BadwidthTech, 10 November 2011 - 11:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hello, It appears there are other malwares at work here also. Can you post a DDS log in the new topic explained below??

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Include a link back to this topic.

Let me know if that went wel
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 BadwidthTech

BadwidthTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Is there anything I can do if DDS isn't working? It managed to stay up and do the scan but it locks up towards the end.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.

Please download OTL by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Close all other applications and windows so that you have nothing open.
  • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.

Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
    Leave the remaining selections to the default settings.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Do not use the computer while the scan is in progress.
  • When the scan is complete, two log files will open in Notepad:
    • OTListIt.txt <- (will be maximized)
    • Extras.txt <- (will be minimized in the Task Bar).
  • Both logs are automatically saved to the Desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of OTListIt.txt and Extras.txt in your next reply.
    If the Extras.txt log is too long, you may need to add a second reply to your thread or upload it as an attachment.
  • Click the red X in the upper right corner to exit OTL.
Important: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run. If OTL did not work, then reply back here.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users