Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Keyboard and Mouse not Recognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GCO

GCO

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

I have a a Dell XPS. Earlier today, my son connected a "power only" usb ipod charger cable and attempted to sync the ipod. Now the computer does not recognize any of the usb ports on the back and front of the CPU. Cannot access Bios as the keyboard will not activate during startup. I have confirmed the keyboard works on another computer. The computer will startup and go to the login screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

dell knowledge base search for (usb ports not working xps)
http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=dhs&c=ca&l=en&cs=cadhs1&k=usb+ports+not+working+xps&cat=all&x=10&y=2

paste from http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/18917360/19040346.aspx#19040346

This is what I did to get my USB ports working on my 410 when they suddenly didn't work. Hopefully, it will work for you.

Shutdown your PC
Unplug the PC from the wall socket or surge protector
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
Plug the PC back into the wall socket or surge protector
Power on the PC
Check mouse and keyboard

#3 GCO

GCO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Thanks Caperdog for the response. That did the trick and everything is working fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users