Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suppressing Balloon Help On Taskbar At Startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trotwood

Trotwood

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:40 AM

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. It's not a serious problem, but it's an annoyance and a distraction. I'm running Windows XP SP2 and every time I boot up and VPN into the office domain, I get a bunch of annoying balloon messages from the taskbar when a connection is made (eg. "Wireless network is now connected - click here for more information", "Office VPN is now connected", etc.) Until I click on the "X" button in the top right corner of the balloon, they stay there, and it just bugs the heck out of me.

Does anyone know how to keep these messages from appearing at all?

TIA,
Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:09 PM

This is an easy one:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307729&sd=tech

#3 Trotwood

Trotwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:52 PM

Much obliged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users