Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deployment WSUS issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nakka

Nakka

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hi There,
This is my first post so first I want to say Hello! And, how great it is to be on this site and get help from you guys and hopefully in time I can be helpful as well!
Okay, so my issue is this, I work for a company with a WDS server handling all of our new laptop deployments and re-deployments. While it works fine and working on it is relatively simple I noticed something odd. Computer that have been re-imaged with the images on this server look to the WDS server's WSUS for updates. This is causing a bit of strain on our network. Does anyone have any suggestions on why these machines would do this? Thanks in advanced!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

My best guess would be that the WDS server is using the image and then updating the laptops from the internal WSUS server. If you want the computers to look to another WSUS server then you will need to change the pointer in the registry.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users