Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing Norton Antivirus Because Of Trogan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MomofBoys

MomofBoys

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:22 AM

Hi! This site was recommended to me by a friend. I hope you are able to help me out.

I'm trying to install Norton Antivirus on my desktop. It keeps telling me it can't continue the process because of an error detected. It shows me that I have the Trojan.vondu and trogan.chimo viruses, but no matter what I try I can't get the darn things removed so that the antivirus will install.

I've tried the removal tool thingy and it doesn't seem to take care of it. (Obviously, you can tell I'm not very computer-savvy. :thumbsup:

I was able to install it on my laptop with no problems. (We have the home edition pack, which allows installation of it on three computers.

The silly thing is, we weren't even having problems with our desk top...it was the laptop giving us fits initially, which is why we decided to take care of all of this now.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

You need to post a HijackThis log. Vundo is way too complex an infection to try to deal with without some detailed guidance.

Click the following link and follow the instructions to a T--except for what you have already done, like creating an acount:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

If you have problems running any of the recommended aplications and scans, just skip it and move on so you can get the HijackThis log posted.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#3 MomofBoys

MomofBoys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

Thank you! I will do this tonight when I get home! Thanks so much!

Edited by MomofBoys, 30 January 2006 - 11:22 AM.

#4 MomofBoys

MomofBoys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

Ugh! This is SO frustrating. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users