Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 files deleted

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosDream

ChaosDream

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

My nephew somehow manged to delete most of my sisters os. I can view the files in windows re by running undelete 360.However I cannot restore them to their origanl folders and I can't connect her harddrive to my computer since she has a laptop.I can reinstall, but I need the product key and the activation as well,but I don't know where file names are.Plus my nephew removed the sticker and flushed it.Please help my little sister is getting impatiant and cranky.

Edited by ChaosDream, 10 November 2011 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:19 AM

I can view the files in windows re by running undelete 360.
you can do as suggested by Allan or

assume you mean windows works just some files missing , you can use Belarc Advisor to ge all program keys for the computer .and do a regular install
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Edited by caperjac, 11 November 2011 - 07:22 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

I can reinstall, but I need the product key and the activation as well,but I don't know where file names are

:whistle:

Plus my nephew removed the sticker and flushed it.Please help my little sister is getting impatiant and cranky.

Now why would he do that? Posted Image

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#5 ChaosDream

ChaosDream
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

He's 4 and my guess is it was shiny.Plus it appears any file with the words windows 7 ultimate was deleted.I can only view them when I boot into recovery environment.Belarc doesn't seem to work in there.Working in the other thing.

#6 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

most laptops have a recovery partition that can be used to restore laptop back to factory condition, andcan be accessed with out recovery disk on most models, i just did a Dell the othere day by hitting f8 on bootup and and the repair option was in there ,what is the exact make and model of her laptop

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users