Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy Settings messed up in windows, but firefox and some applications work.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Campbell

Jon Campbell

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

Firefox, Steam, Filezilla, Skype all work.
IE, Chrome, Evernote and others all dont.

Windows Network Diagnostic tool says:
Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Chrome Says:
Error 137 (net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED): Unknown error.

Its not a virus or malware, its likely because i removed registry keys related to old web filtering software.

In the Internet Options settings it is set to automatically detect settings and no proxy server is set.

Please help and thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hi,

Have you ran an malware scanner to be sure you don't have any baddies on the computer? If not run malwarebytes ( link in my sig). :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Jon Campbell

Jon Campbell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Yes Ive ran malwarebytes and I am running up to date norton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users