Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Post buzzing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aodskeith

aodskeith

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

I'm at a loss here. If I have any windows open in full screen or playing a game, after some time the computer randomly starts making a POST beep. Once that starts the beeps can last anywhere from 5 seconds to going non-stop and the only way to stop it at that point is restarting the computer. I've never experienced something like this and am trying to figure it out. I went into Device Manager and disabled the internal speaker, but it still occurs. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 05 December 2011 - 04:44 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hi :welcome: to BC!

If you would please post your system specs. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

Does it happen in safe mode too?

#4 aodskeith

aodskeith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

win7 pro 64-bit
GA-MA770-DS3 Motherboard
AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core
DDR2 800 6144MB RAM
GeForce GTX280 1GB

Please forgive me if I am forgetting anything. If needed, I can post a full DxDiag as well. As for this issue happening in safe mode, it has happened a couple times then.

#5 aodskeith

aodskeith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

I am still having the random beeping/buzzing from the board. I can not find any speaker on the board to remove the wire to the speaker. If anyone has any ideas, Please Please Please help me.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Well, the fact that it happens in safe mode points to a hw rather than a sw issue. Other than that, I'm afraid I can't me of much help.

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Maybe its an over heating issue? When was the last time you cleaned out the inside of you computer? Also download and run this: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php and take a screen shot of the temps. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#8 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

Do you have another keyboard? if yes, please change your keyboard and see does your problem happens or not, sometimes that beep because keyboard keys are accidentally pressed for a period of time.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#9 aodskeith

aodskeith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:43 PM

I have fixed my problem. Turns out the buzzing was a result of my video card failing. Last night I got the BSOD with error 116 and below that on the BSOD NVLM (not completely sure on the full part or correct order of lettering given) that indicated the card and driver were no longer working. Installed a new card today and everything is back to normal. If I notice anything out of the ordinary, I will update for the sake of others in case someone runs into this issue down the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users