Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rouge Antivirus got angry and broke something

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mogul26

Mogul26

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hey

I have a very serious problem and it is driving me insane, and research on the issue brings back no results. I can't imagine I am the only one who has had a problem similar to this. A few days back I got a rogue anti virus scanner installed onto my PC (No I did NOT install it, and I honestly don't know how it got there, a corrupt java updater is thought to be the cause of it) To counter it I was able to do a /taskkill and end it before anything happened, and then removed it with Malwarebytes, an hour later and I get a different fake anti virus, and this one is much harder to get rid of. A quick boot to safe mode and I was able to delete the exe, and several related files, in my windows folder, and in the registry. Now here is where the fun starts. Everything is going smoothly, and I buy and install BitDefender, and go to run it, and then all hell is unleashed on my system.

It seems that now whenever I go to start ANY executable, except for some reason, Bitdefender, Skype, Steam, Itunes, it crashes AND gives me a "(Insert Name) has stopped working", I click "Check online for solutions" and all I get in return is an error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)" and it does this for almost every single exe. Firefox, IE, Mixcraft, Photoshop, etc, and I am at the point where I figure the best resort would be to just reformat. NOW one thing that does fix this is going to do a system restore, BUT it also puts the infected files back on and the process repeats, and the problem of the exe's not working starts after installing BitDefender. I don't think it is BitDefender messing up my computer though, in safe mode all exe files execute fine. It is just in regular OS. Also on start-up all services give me the same "Stopped working" and error prompt. If you need further info let me know, and please, any help you can give is appreciated, I have tried many methods on here, but I think this issue is much deeper.

On a side note but still important, I look up the problem details and all the exe files point to the same one file being a cause. "Fault Module Name: User32.dll" this file is extremely important, and I am afraid if the virus has gotten to it then it is game over. Thanks again.

Edited by Mogul26, 10 November 2011 - 12:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.
Including a link to this thread will be helpful.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users