Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security update available for Adobe Shockwave Player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-27.html

Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6.1.629 and earlier versions on the Windows and Macintosh operating systems. These vulnerabilities could allow an attacker, who successfully exploits these vulnerabilities, to run malicious code on the affected system. Adobe recommends users of Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6.1.629 and earlier versions update to Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6.3.633 using the instructions provided below.

Adobe recommends users of Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6.1.629 and earlier versions upgrade to the newest version 11.6.3.633 available here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Hola Thug, thanks for the update and link.

Did my usual Saturday morning scan with Secunia and it's telling me my little machine needs some patching/updating - the usual suspects: Chrome / Firefox / blah, blah, blah.

On the list is my Adobe Flash Player but every time I attempt to download from the Adobe website, I keep getting this obnoxious message:

NOT FOUND

The requested URL /bin/install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe was not found on this server.

Anyone else having this issue?

It's Saturday morning here on the Eastern Seaboard and I'm headed off to find another cup of coffee but will be checking in all day.

Onward and mostly patched,

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Perhaps just some issue on Adobe's side of things.

I uninstalled Flash Player on both my wife's laptop and my machine, kept checking back at the Adobe site and finally got the update.

Installed, rebooted, scanned again with Secunia (love that app!) and *poof* we're back in business.

Sorry to trouble anyone, hope everyone's having a great Saturday.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for letting us know you were successful in updating. I checked and didn't have any issues personally and was looking for anyone else having the same thing happen you did and failed to find one.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users