Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Choppy sound when watching movies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:34 AM

Hello me again all.

My sound is all wonked out now, I just tried to update my sound driver for my laptop, but it did no good whatsoever. I can listen to music and watch uTube just fine, sound is absolutely fine, but if I try to watch a DVD the sound is shot ot hell and is all choppy and skippy. Its driving me nuts. I now wonder if it is to do with my operating system ? Or if I am to do so, update as much as I can ?

If it is not updates do I need ot update my DVD software from PowerDVD 5 to something newer ?

This is driving me crazy, it happened to me before on my old PC, a Compaq Presario desktop, the sound went on it, couldn't play music CDs, but it could play CDs ripped and stored to the library just fine, tried ot play movies, sound and the movie were all choppy and skippy, I want ot watch these movies I just got from my library, and If I cannot I want to fix this and get it working right.

my machine is a Dell Latitude D620 with Windows XP Professenional service pack 3

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 .X.

.X.

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

Try watching them on VLC. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,782 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

You have a topic in the Am I Infected Forum that is still ongoing. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic426862.html

To avoid confusion for everyone, please continue with that topic till it is suggested you repost in another forum.

This topic is closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users