Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Wont Start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peyda

peyda

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:57 AM

Hi,
I am new to the site and not expert by any means with PCs,so I apologise beforehand!
I have a mesh xp 2000+rd system running with an asus motherboard. On switching on the other day my monitor would not pick up signal and, although the system sounds as if it is starting up fine I am getting a constant bleep bleep sound as if it is some sort of alarm,this is constant while the system is switched on and as stated I have no signal pick up on the monitor.
I have tried replacing the agp graphics card,the hard drive,checked all cables are secure,checked memory stick,could it be the bios battery, or a faulty agp slot?.(I have another system and this works fine on the same monitor)
I am opened to any suggestions!
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:06 AM

Try to pin it down and we can help you alittle better. If you cannot idendify the code please let us know so we can go to the next step...

BIOS beep & POST codes
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

You may need to get your motherboard manual out for the exact meaning of your beep codes.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:12 PM

How did you check the memory stick?

What has happened with the system lately? (new/changed/removed hardware or software) Any voltage surges or lightning strikes. We you in the case prior to this happening (and did you use an anti-static wrist strap and unplug the system from the wall)?

I always change the BIOS battery when I'm inside the case - it's too easy and too cheap not to do it "just in case".

This is eerily similar to my last problem - and it was because I didn't unplug the system from the wall. I recall touching the memory chip before I realized this - but didn't feel anything. I tried resetting the CMOS, tried a nother vid card (didn't do the hard drive's tho').

I finally bit the bullet (and used it to justify upgrading to 2 gB of RAM :thumbsup: and got more RAM. Put it in and everything worked just fine! But it was a very expensive lesson to learn! :flowers:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users