Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

http://www.searchqu.com/406

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chrisnsp

Chrisnsp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

Yesterday, the home page for Google Chrome began defaulting to the above reverenced URL. I ran an AVG scan, Malwarebytes, and Ad-Aware, but nothing is fixing the issue. I went in and checked my program files and the only one I didn't recognize was an iLivid which I have uninstalled. This also did not fix the issue. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. I am currently using Windows XP.

Edited by hamluis, 10 November 2011 - 07:38 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

You will need to go to tools>manage add-ons in Internet Explorer and click on toolbars and extensions. Disable/delete searchqu and anything from Bandoo Media. Then click on search providers. Make Bing or Google the default and then click on Searchqu and choose disable suggestions. You should be able to remove it. Do the same for any remainders of iLivid and check the add-ons of other browsers.

These kinds of apps are often attached as a free extra in other downloads or installations. Always check for any additions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users