Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ActiveX security settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hi , my OS is windows 7 my browser is G.chrome there is four of us using this computer all of us with user names and passwords . I've been using sky go for about a month and now its stop working when i press the shortcut i get message saying one of active controls could not be displayed ,option 1 your current security setting prohibited running the program or you have blocked a publisher of one of the controls as a result this page may not display properly . This only happens on my settings no one else gets this messages just on my name but no one can watch sky.I thought ActiveX WAS IE problem?

Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 10 November 2011 - 02:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

my OS is windows 7 my browser is G.chrome............... .I thought ActiveX WAS IE problem?

Hi -
Apart from some popular ideas, I.E and Microsoft are linked. When you install M/soft you also install Internet Explorer, and it is always there.
You may be using Chrome / Firefox / Avant / Orca / Etc. Etc. but all Microsoft installs generally use Microsoft protocols.

There are some minor exceptions, but you still need to have your M/soft updates running and installed on a regular basis.
This is to keep your profile always updated, and your regular safety features checked out.
I do not have a current link to update your Win 7 ActiveX, although this is not hard.
It should be simple enough to Google Windows 7 ActiveX ,Select your Operating System, and check if you have the latest version.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users