Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows PE from CD or USB?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tefrer

tefrer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

I want to make a Boot-able CD or USB stick with Windows PE to run Combofix, Malwarebytes Spy-bot etc... My goal is to be able to boot in to the CD or USB stick on a infected PC to remove the infections with out starting windows just seems in my opinion easier to remove the infections when they are not active or possibly loaded up. My Question is since I'm new to Windows PE and have yet to download it are there any obstacles that I am going to run into when I do start. And is it possible to boot into Windows PE from the USB stick and install programs onto it without having to install them every boot? Might be a silly question but as I stated before I have no knowledge of Window PE at this time.

Edited by tefrer, 09 November 2011 - 05:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the content of this post before proceeding with your project: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382841.html

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users