Hell, no harm in checking it out.
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- Flush DNS
- Report IE Proxy Settings
- Reset IE Proxy Settings
- Report FF Proxy Settings
- Reset FF Proxy Settings
- List content of Hosts
- List IP configuration
- List Winsock Entries
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note:
When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Now look for Rootkits
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.
-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning