Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Foxtab - how to destroy?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HHReplica

HHReplica

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

At wits end here, I have diligently followed all of the instructions regarding Chrome and how to remove Foxtab as a default browser to no avail. Add/Remove programs does not see it, I have tried numerous programs like SuperAntiSpyware, Spybot etc, as well as trying 'Best Uninstaller and Revo but no joy. Heartily sick of it now (and before you ask I have tried Safe Mode for removal as well, thanks)I have run out of ideas and seek your wisdom. I looked onsite for other threads about Foxtab but could find none matching my problem. Something tells me I may not be alone, however.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

It's a browser add-on...there's no reason to expect to find it in Add/Remove Programs. Per http://www.foxtab.com/gettingstarted/#uninstall :

"To uninstall the FoxTab addon, please follow the following instructions:
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and select Add-ons.
In the Add-ons window, select the Extensions panel.
Select FoxTab, Click the Uninstall button. When prompted, click Uninstall to confirm."

Louis

#3 HHReplica

HHReplica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Many thanks Louis, but as I say I am not actually using Firefox, I'm using Google Chrome, and this parasite simply refuses to go away. I have followed the instructions given and they simply do not work, am moved at this point to try a system restore and Malwarebytes anti-malware to get rid of it, can't think of anything else. Grr etc.
Nik

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

on Chrome go to Options menu --> Extensions --> Remove the "foxtab" or something that maybe related with your problem.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 HHReplica

HHReplica
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Bless your heart abauw that's the one thing I didn't try and guess what, it only worked! May you be blessed with a thousand camels. Thank you.

#6 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:32 PM

Nice to know that your problem solved :thumbup2:

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle: