Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incompatability: Chrome and Online Armor Firewall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sergieyes

sergieyes

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Incompatibility: Chrome with Online Armor with HIPS Firewall?
My system: Dell Dimension PC running Win XP with Serv. Pk. 3, Security: MSE, and Online Armor with HIPS and Firewall. My PC came bundled with MS IE, I upgraded to IE 8 and button it very tightly with supreme security settings. Browser: Iron, a spin off of Chrome, Don't let that confuse you,pretend I have Chrome, level 14 now--I update in lockstep with Chrome updates.
QUESTION: I read a review in Wilders Security which presented the information that Chrome and Online Armor/HIPS (OA) are incompatible. The writer suggested OA slows down Chrome. Is that a right or a wrong idea,please?
I am generally pleased with OA and MSE and Iron. If OA slows Iron or Chrome,I want to fire it. Then I need a firewall pretty close to OA: Free, two way firewall, with HIPS, really friendly for Idiots
(no offence i am tech challenged!) and itis compatible, does not slow system, or weigh too much.
Summamry: say whether OA conflicts with Chrome, if OA conflicts, select a freeware firewall a lot similar. If you present two or three or four candidates,I can read reviews and just try them out.
Kindest wishes for the education I am requesting!

Here is the Wilders statement:
"How secure is Chrome's sandbox? - Page 2 - Wilder Security Forumswww.wilderssecurity.com ... other anti- malware software5 posts - 5 authors - Last post:
Apr 9Page 2-
How secure is Chrome's sandbox? other anti-malware software. ...

As far as I know only if you are using Online Armor as your firewall/hips. The incompatibility is with OA,not Chrome or SB. ...

Combine that perfect browser with built-in securitymeasures (Windows Firewall, operating system ..."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users