Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would i be able to restore my computer in this situation!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

I want to restore my windows xp
I have a windows xp media center from hp and i want to restore my slow computer but dont hav a disc. my friend has one for windows xp home for dell dimension i wanted to know if it would still work... he still has his product/serial number as well. another downside is tht i dont hav a working disc drive either! i heard tht u can put the disc on a usb drive how would i be able to do tht? (i hav a working usb drive :D) It would be nice if someone can tell me how i can restore it using a usb
If i cant use my friend's disc is there anyway i can restore my computer to the day i got it some how. :mellow:
(plz dont ans- get a disc drive/and get a recovery disc because i dont want to buy it.)
THANK YOU BLEEPING COMPUTER IN ADVANCE BECAUSE OF U I HAV FIXED PREVIOUS VIRUS/MISC PROBLEMS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

Well there is a way to get a restore disc on a USB drive you need to have the proper disc and have a computer that Can boot from USB. The disc that your friend has will not work as dell discs are dell specific. You will have to get a disc from hp.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

kk thank you. To bad i cant. Its kk though... I request this post to be deleted.

Edited by sosolidj4tt, 09 November 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,507 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Your welcome, and we generally don't delete topics that are solved, that way others can read it later. :)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Did you look to see if your computer has a recovery partition, which takes the place of disks? Most computer manufacturers no longer use the disks.

Instead they have the recovery partition. For an HP, open up My Computer. Under Hard Disk Drives is there anything else listed besides Drive C?

If there is and you don't have a slave drive that should be the recovery partition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users