Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grateful2

grateful2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

First time so here goes, Have a Dell optiplex desktop. Cannot enter the internet, checked the device manager and it show yellow mark with exclamation mark so uninstalled and downloaded on another computer the network drivers and same problem. I am using the tag number to find drivers should I download all drivers and will the ones the computer does not need stay idle? please help a hard head

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

You might try reinstalling the chipset drivers first...then uninstalling/reinstalling the network drivers.

You didn't provide any data re the system or how you are trying to connect...but the system may support both wired and wireless connections. If so, both drivers (LAN for wired and the wireless drivers) must be installed.

Louis

#3 grateful2

grateful2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

The computer is a Dell Optiplex G260 and I am trying to the internet through a ethernet cable. I loaded the chipset first then there were 19 other network drivers some wireless from Dell I loaded all of these next and opened them. guess things are not right for this computer to work.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

You weren't supposed to load...every driver listed for networking...just the one that applies to the components of your system.

That system has differeing configurations of hardware/components...for the various choices that buyers may have made. Only one of those drivers listed at the Dell site...relates to your specific system.

Consult Device Manager or your manual...to see the exact driver you need for your networking capability.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users