Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP SP3 clean install.....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chains-addiction

chains-addiction

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Greetings everyone! I am new to this forum and I tried to search the topics in this sub-forum but to no avail. Try to be easy on me.

I had caught a nasty virus on my comp and just decided to do a clean install of WinXP SP3. I have a few problems that I cant seem to fix. Let it be known that I am no techie and that I dont have a lot of experience in computers but maybe a few of you could offer some assistance.

First of all, my screen still has the black "letterboxes" on the sides and I even tried to fix it by upping the screen resolution. What gives? How do I get a full screen?

Second, I turned my wireless switch on but I dont have any wireless. I am posting all of this from my wifes comp because she has a wireless signal/ it's connected to the router. How do I fix this?

Third, NONE of my blue hotkeys work on my laptop keyboard: I cant turn down/up the volume or make the screen brighter/dimmer.

All help would be much appreciated. Thanks again everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Moved back to XP
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

System manufacturer and model?

You say that you did a clean install...exactly what steps did you take? Did you delete the previous partition? Did you reinstall the hardware drivers?

Louis

#4 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

First of all, my screen still has the black "letterboxes" on the sides and I even tried to fix it by upping the screen resolution. What gives? How do I get a full screen?

Ussually this because you doesnt have installed VGA Driver. Installing VGA Driver maybe will fix this.

Second, I turned my wireless switch on but I dont have any wireless. I am posting all of this from my wifes comp because she has a wireless signal/ it's connected to the router. How do I fix this?

To fix this you need to installing Wireless Driver and set it up to connect it to your router.

Third, NONE of my blue hotkeys work on my laptop keyboard: I cant turn down/up the volume or make the screen brighter/dimmer.

You need to install the driver first.

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Please provide the make/model of the system so that we can link you to the drivers that you need.
You might want to burn them onto a cd in case you need them again in the future.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users