Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not start - Green light is on in Back

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 p8315

p8315

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

I shut down the computer but did not unplug it from the surge protector. <_< We were messing with the main breaker box in the house.
When i went to turn it back on nothing. Monitor work everything and else that is plugged in to the surge protector. Took the computer apart and opened and cleaned all dust out :thumbsup: Plugged it back in and nothing. There is a green light on the back just under the plug which is lit up (Green) as it was before I took it a part. Can't say I remember weather or not it was lit previously. Check on line and suggestions are the power supply may be bad. However I can't seam to find out if the power supply would be bad would the green light be on, which seams to be connected to the power supply box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Paula :wacko:

Also the mouse light does not work, (Plugs into the key board) It is a Dell Inspiron Win 7

Edited by p8315, 08 November 2011 - 09:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

You could start here:

How To Troubleshoot a Bad or Faulty Power Supply (PSU) http://www.computer-how-to-guide.com/power-supply-troubleshooting/failed-power-supply-psu-diagnostic/

Regards,
Brooks

#3 p8315

p8315
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

Thank you for your replay, Apparently it was a static shut down. I unplug everything but the monitor from the tower. The unplug the power cord to the tower from the wall. Pushed in the Power button for about 30 second. Then pluged the Power cord back in to the wall and pushed the Power button and WA LA it worked. Thanks again
Paula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users