Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 conway1026

conway1026

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hello,

My Dell Inspirion laptop consistently makes a series of loud beeping sounds (5 beeps, 4 cycles) when starting up and sometimes continues at an almost inaudible level while in use. The beeps don't appear to be coming from the speakers. The machine is fairly new. I've tried to research this via Google couldn't find an explanation for the beep codes or a way to make it stop. I've run complete BIOS scans, checked for Malware, etc and the beeps continue.

This site has helped me out of a few jams in the past so I was hoping somebody could help me resolve. It's greatly appreciated in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cartotech81

cartotech81

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Might try to run Dell diagnostics to see what the problem is. The below link might not be your exact model but overall the codes should be the same.

5 Beeps: Real time clock failure. Possible battery failure or motherboard failure.
Replace the battery (see Replacing the Battery).
If the problem persists, contact Dell.

Dell Inspiron Troubleshooting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users