Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Only In IE8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

Hi guys,

Have downloaded a wordpress theme, found that there is a problem with a .PNG and 'shadows/filter/alpha' in IE8 only, swap it to a .GIF and it works no worries (no shadow).

I was either thinking of fixing the problem for IE8, or add IE8 only css to swap the .PNG for the .GIF. I think the problem is a mixture of JQuery and DD_belatedPNG.fix()??

The .PNG with IE8 shows perfectly until the slide is changed.

I have posted messages on the developers forum (www.elegantthemes.com) but haven't really gotten anywhere there... :(

Nothing to do with the way I have it set up as it is the exact same on the developers website in 'preview mode'.

Link : My Website.
Link : Developers Website.

Screen Capture of problem on their site.

Edited by KamakaZ, 08 November 2011 - 08:16 PM.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

The screen capture LOOKS FINE! (No rectangle)

When i goto thier site the only shadow i see is RIGHT BEHIND THE BUTTON (The greyish/white rectangle behind it)

Im on IE6 so if thats what your referring to,it isnt limited to IE8 :(

Edited by 4dude, 09 November 2011 - 12:26 AM.

#3 KamakaZ

KamakaZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

The screen capture looks fine? The black pixels under the red button, but before the white/grey background is what i'm talking about, easily seen in the screen capture. This isn't supposed to be there and is supposed to have a nice grey shadow behind the button.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#4 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hmmmmm you might be right then (only showing in IE8) looks fine with IE6

Have you tried disabling CLEAR TEXT?? (It might be related to that)

I tried to look @ your screenshot in WMP where i can TURN THE BRIGHTNESS WAY UP and i dont see pixeling of the black area..... (I know what your talking about,i have seen it on youtube stuff,etc)

Hmmmmm

Edited by 4dude, 09 November 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#5 KamakaZ

KamakaZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

I don't want to turn clear text off as i'm not going to be asking users to turn their clear text off just to view my website. I'd rather style it better so under IE8 you don't have the shadow and anything else you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users