Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Running Slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HDGeorge

HDGeorge

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:25 PM

Hi all, This is my first post and i'm hoping for some advice. I recently bought Photoshop Elements4 and after downloading, It runs very sluggishly. I assumed it was a lack of memory since I only had 256 megs/RAM. I added a 512 memory stick for a total of 768 megs/RAM. There is absolutely no difference, Still slow. I had been using Elements2 for the last couple of years and it ran great. I'm running WindowsXP on an Athlon 2000 1.67Ghz processor with an 80gig HD. Any help appreciated.

(Moderator edit: moved thread to more appropriate forum and edited title to include application. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 30 January 2006 - 10:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phatcat42141

phatcat42141

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

What is running in your background? If you have a lot of programs running in the background (or on startup) it can be the reason that programs run slow.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:54 PM

Have you ran Disk Cleanup lately?
Start>Program Files>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup

If you have not done it in a while run defrag also. It is located just below Disk Cleanup.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 HDGeorge

HDGeorge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

I don't have a lot of programs running in the background. I run scan disk and defrag regularly. When I open the task manager with photoshop running, The performance only shows 4% CPU usage and over 550 M/RAM available. Before I switched to Elements 4, I used Elements 2 and it ran fine. There's very little difference between the programs which is why i'm baffled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users