Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Warning keeps coming up and now I have a bunch of pictures of all the sites I have visited?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JustLearningSue

JustLearningSue

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Hi there,
Thanks for all you do. I am running Windows XP. I keep getting a warning saying Do you want to view only the web content that has been delivered securely? This happens each time I google something. Then when I opened Picasa this morning it was suddenly adding all these pictures of web sites I had visited yesterday? I have run CC Cleaner, and Super Antispyware. I have taken to running Super anti spyware every couple of days and it seems there is always one critical threat and lots of tracking cookies. Any suggestions??? :busy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

What browser are you using? Most of what you are seeing is due to browser settings and cookies are picked up on every site that you visit. What is the name of the critical threat being reported. That is of concern.

#3 JustLearningSue

JustLearningSue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

It is MSIE 8. The threat is system broken file assosication.

#4 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:23 PM

If you have Malwarebytes on your machine, update it and run a full system scan. If you do not have it, you can download the free version here. Again update it and run a full system scan. If anything shows in the log, please post it before fixing it.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

The warning about the secure content is a security setting in IE8. To enable mixed content:

Go to Tools->Internet Options->Security
Select the ‘Security’ tab
Click the ‘Custom Level’ button
In the ‘Miscellaneous’ section change “Display mixed content” to Enable

I'm not familiar with Picassa, but I suspect it is just loading whatever remains in your browser history. The browser cache can be set to delete contents on closing, also in Tools>Internet Options>Delete browsing history on exit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users