Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how many post do i have to have...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:32 PM

...to reply in a thread? i'm m.oreilly, and found this site while working on an issue at work.

Edited by m.oreilly, 08 November 2011 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

The only forum that is restricted for replies is the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum.

As noted in the list of Guidelines at the very top of the page:

"Only members of the Malware Response Team or Moderators are allowed to help people with logs. Anyone else should refrain from posting to another user's log."

Another forum that is conditional but not restricted is the Am I infected? What do I do? Forum.

The guidelines for that forum can be found here: Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected

If you have any issues beyond those two forums please reply and we will see if we can resolve your questions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

To reply to threads in general, there is no restriction other than you must be a registered member (which you obviously are.)

However two forums here do have restrictions on who may reply or what a reply may contain. The Am I Infected? What Do I Do? forum permits anyone to reply, however certain methods, tools, and advice are restricted to certain members or forbidden all together. Restrictions on the Am I Infected Forum can be found here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic383782.html

The other forum with restrictions is the Malware Logs Analysis forum. In this forum only members of the Malware Response Team are permitted to respond to topics (in addition to moderators and admins.)

These restrictions are not enforced by the forum software, but by staff. Posting a reply which runs afoul of the restrictions once will just earn you a note from a moderator not to do that again. Repeated infractions are dealt with in a progressively more harsh manner.

All other forums are wide open with the restriction that if someone is obviously infected with malware, you should point them to the Am I Infected or Malware Logs Analysis forum. Aside from that the rules are pretty standard: no spam, no flaming, no name calling, stay on topic, don't hijack someone else's thread, etc. The board rules and TOS cover most of these.

If you are ever unsure whether you should reply to a particular topic, you are more than welcome to PM any of the forum staff and ask; that's what we're here for!

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

thanks for the replies. i figured as much. thank goodness for combofix!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users