Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Privacy Protection for FREE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 donutz

donutz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Hello!

I just registered today on this site/discussion board & desperately need someone's help. Yesterday, my desktop PC was taken over by PRIVACY PROTECTION. Using a laptop, I tried googling ways to remove it & I am now using the "safe mode networking" mode to access the internet.

Although some sites have given me steps to remove P.P. through Spy Doctor, its scans have found no threats; I suspect this is because it's only scanning my safe mode & not my normal mode (which is where the P.P. has embedded itself).

BOTTOM LINE: what FREE steps can be taken to safely & effectively remove Privacy Protectin from my PC??

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Edit: Moved topic from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,338 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Take a look here: Remove Privacy Protection (Uninstall Guide)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 donutz

donutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hello Animal,

Thanks for your reply, but the link you suggested I've already tried. It doesn't clean out the virus from my NON-SAFE MODE hard drive. The only way I'm accessing the internet the last 2 days is by having to use SAFE MODE.

Safe Mode does not include access to audio & magnifies the font size of everything on screen.

What I need to know is how to clean out the Privacy Protection virus from my non-safe mode/"normal mode".

HELP!!

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hello, what do you mean, did the steps not work in Safe Mode? Were you able to complete them?

Does privacy protection still come up in Normal mode even though you did the steps in Safe mode or aren't you able at all to get into normal mode?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#5 donutz

donutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hello Elise,

Thanks for your reply post.

I was able to complete the steps in Safe Mode, but the Privacy Protection does still come up in normal mode & therefore, I'm unable to get internet access in normal mode.

However, since I last posted, I have been (somehow) able to get back online via normal mode.....but I do highly suspect that the next time I reboot, Privacy Protection will re-occupy my normal mode PC.

The Spyware Doctor program does scan my PC & find threats, but then requires payment to remove them. Is this the expected process with Spyware Doctor & if so, is there a FREE program I can use to get rid of Privacy Protection?

Thanks,

Joe

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

Have you run Malwarebytes Antimalware (updated) in Normal Mode? This program should detect any issues spyware doctor detected and remove them for free.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users