Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start Up Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ding888

ding888

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

My Win 7 boots terribly slow version. Is it true for others? It takes my PC by pressing the Start button on the desktop to the current 3 min and 50 sec. When I first press the start button I get a blinking cursor and it will be there in 2 minutes. Everyone knows why this happens?

Edited by ding888, 08 November 2011 - 09:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

WhatsInStartUP - Free - This utility displays the list of all applications that are
loaded automatically when Windows starts up. For each application, the following
information is displayed: Startup Type (Registry/Startup Folder), Command -Line
String, Product Name, File Version, Company Name, Location in the Registry or
file system, and more. It allows you to easily disable or delete unwanted programs
that runs in your Windows startup.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_run_in_startup.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 arul.a

arul.a

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

Thank you Jacee.

i searched may site but i did't get Startup Tweak tool. till now i am using Msconfig only really thank for this post :d

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

It doesn't matter. Startup items are not involved since the delay is before Windows starts to load. If everything is running smoothly I wouldn't worry about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users