Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inspiron 1720 No video....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jdbaker82

jdbaker82

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

Tried to hook up external monitor and still no video at all so I order a motherboard and replace it and still no video... I came to realize this Inspiron 1720 came with option for a GeForce 8600M video card which is a separate card its not onboard like most laptops..... So I am assuming the video card is whats bad but my only question about that is that I thought the Inspiron 1720 also had onboard graphics? Do they use two different motherboards and the one with the option of the GeForce 8600M card you do not get integrated video? Anyone have any ideas about this if not is there some magic trick to enable the onboard video?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users