Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect a second tower

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

Ok i have a second tower i want to connect to my monitor how can i do that so i can go back and forth between them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

How to Connect 2 Computers to 1 Monitor | eHow.com
Connecting two computers to a single monitor requires the use of a KVM switch. KVM switches allow you to connect multiple computers, while only using one keyboard, mouse and monitor. If you want to control a different computer, you simply change the channel on the switch. It will then give control to another computer. Keep in mind that while you may be using one computer, the others are still running and operating as normal; they simply don't have access to a keyboard, mouse or monitor at that very moment.

Newegg.com - KVM Switches

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

also with the use of a duel monitor ,but unlike the kvm switch you need keyboard and mouse for both towers .and the switching back and forth is done via a buotton the front of the monitor ,i have 2 of these type of duel monitors ,a newer ViewSonic and a 8 yrs old NEC.

but as you already have the monitor a kvm switch is you best option ,too bad we didn't live close ,i have 2 of those I'm not using

Edited by caperjac, 08 November 2011 - 07:04 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

The only issue I see is that the proposed device is USB and might not work correctly or at all with Windows 98.
Assuming that is the os that the poster is using
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

@ Eyesee

I seem to recall that to set up two Towers under WIN98SE needed Cables and specific add-ons and Drivers?

I remember having a setup where WIN98SE from a Pentium 1 was linked to WIN3.2 on a 386.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#6 thefr34k

thefr34k

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

May I offer a possible solution:
Keep one monitor keyboard and mouse connected to just one computer and remotely control the second computer via network
You can use multiple software programs to do this
I recommend
Logmein - Allows you to connect from anywhere you have internet
RealVNC - A quicker but more advanced remote desktop software

#7 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

May I offer a possible solution:
Keep one monitor keyboard and mouse connected to just one computer and remotely control the second computer via network
You can use multiple software programs to do this
I recommend
Logmein - Allows you to connect from anywhere you have internet
RealVNC - A quicker but more advanced remote desktop software

I dissagree ,remote connection is not the solution for the orignal poster ,thank you

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users