Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runtime error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 miztrniceguy

miztrniceguy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

I have been having a lot of problems recently getting with firefox 7.0.1 running slow, and getting a Microsoft C++ runtime error message that forces browser to close. I have tried FF in safe mode with no add-ons, done windows update, and even reinstalled C++. I also get some "script has stopped responding, stop script or continue" messages.

This computer is used primarily by my kids, but I typically use it while they are having breakfast.

Asus Pundit Win XP sp3, 1gb ram

Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, Intel i5-3570K unlocked Quad Core cpu, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz ram
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler, Samsung 128GB SSD with Win7 Pro, WD 500GB drive for data
Asus DVD writer, Corsair 600W PSU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Warning%20Unresponsive%20script

Tekken

#3 miztrniceguy

miztrniceguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

Thanks, I will try the yes script add on and lengthen the script response time. The bigger issue is the C++ issue. Not sure if they are related.

Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, Intel i5-3570K unlocked Quad Core cpu, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz ram
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO cpu cooler, Samsung 128GB SSD with Win7 Pro, WD 500GB drive for data
Asus DVD writer, Corsair 600W PSU

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

Posting the complete runtime error next time would help. Is it in Firefox?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users