Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mode not supported

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jaycboy

jaycboy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Hi guys am currently using a samsung tv with my sons gaming p.c. but alot of the time the games come up with the Mode not supported the pci e graphics card i am using is just got vga not hdmi connection. I know its a resolution issue as when i turn down the or go through the resolutions i can sometimes get them to work however they dont look too good not as compared to as on a monitor were you obviously dont get mode not supported lol>anyway my question is if i buy my son a new graphics with the hdmi slot will this cure the problem ?? will the games display like they should in HD and high res or am i best off buying a new monitor...any input is apreciated :thumbsup:

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

The games have recommended or required hardware to run smoothly and one is the video or graphics capability of the computer and monitor. So checking those games site on system required and having a higher than recommended card would definitely give the boost needed. Make sure the monitor matches the ports when buying a video card such as hdmi.

Tekken

#3 jaycboy

jaycboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

What am basicly asking is do i need an hdmi graphics card to stop the mode not supported issue and will it display the higher resolutions thru my lcd tv with an hdmi graphics card ??? as mine is just vga...or do i need to swap to a monitor and use the vga cable and card i allready have i know this does get rid off the mode not supported issue...so in general if i swap to hdmi graphics card for my lcd hdmi tv will it eliminate the mode not supported and allow me to play the games at higher resolution thru my lcd t.v.

thanks

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

The highest resolution for graphics card is on HDMI, so basically YES. As long as your computer and OS will support or capable of running the said card. You have forgotten to provide information on your system, card, games or computer specs. So generally HDMI will be the way to go.

Tekken

#5 jaycboy

jaycboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

:) ok many thanks for that its a am3 dual core 3.5ghz basic gaming platform 4gb ddr3 its got a radeon pci e card a hd6350 or something close it gives high settings in most games but with it being connected to a hdmi T.V. through vga i get the issue with higher resolutions...I want to thank you for your time i want to upgrade the card then i have 100 pounds to spend any recomendations would be greatly apreciated

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

What games mostly and motherboard, Power supply wattage do you have?

Tekken

#7 jaycboy

jaycboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

any current games he likes his FPS we have battlefield 3 but that locks up a lot but it does on a lot of peoples systems so am awaiting to see if there is a patch release. And he plays the cod series and crysis and he also likes RTS games command and conquer. Its a 550w power pack installed and a biostar A780L3L mobo :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users