Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 System Recovery Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sketchturner94

sketchturner94

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

About a week ago, my laptop kept experiencing chronic freezing (usually around startup). Nothing would shut it down except taking the battery out, even holding down the power button. So after about the third try, even removing the battery from my laptop wouldn't shut it down. After it eventually did, Windows will not boot, so I went to my other computer and made a recovery disk. After trying it and trying to start Startup Repair, it simply goes to System Recovery Options, where it then tells me to select a language and a keyboard input method. I click OK, since I'm from the USA, and it simply does not load. No screen even pops up. What should I do now? Would my friend's hard drive cleaner work to fix this?

I'm using an HP ProBook 4525s, if that information helps.

Edited by sketchturner94, 06 November 2011 - 08:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:47 PM

Most likely a bad hard drive already. See if you can save your documents by connecting the hard drive on another working pc by using an enclosure. From there, you could also try running Windows GUI tools for checking hard drive errors.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users