Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp 951n has no sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Harvey

Harvey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

I have a hp pavilion 951n which has no sound what so ever. I tried the hp web site and did all they said to do with no avail I even tried putting in a sound card ( I tried 3 of them with no luck. ). It seems that the audio drivers are not installed. There is no speaker icon on the start bar. One of the audio cards I tried was seen as new hardware found and when asked to go on line to find drivers no matches were found. I have spent a few hours on the hp website but I just don't find anything that works. I can not tell what brand od device I have on this computer but HP says it probably is a realtek or a Creative (sound blaster) but nothing comes up. I guess I am asking where can I find out what I have for a device and where can I get the drivers. Two of the sound cards I tried were not found as new hardware found. After getting those drivers from Sound blaster when I tried to install them I get the message that the card (s) are not installed When viewing hardware manager the message is no sound device is installed. Any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hello Harvey and welcome to the forums!

Could you please confirm the model number of the system.
A quick search on the HP site reveals 300 Pavilion 951n systems.
We have to narrow it down a bit!

Thanks!
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users