Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I see some interesting stuff on a particular web site, and I'd like to know if the owner of it is a fraudster

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hello all,

I just noticed this a while ago, and it has my mentor giving this guy a red flag. And I'd hate to tell this guy off though I can't stand him, but when more people tell me that he can't be trusted (my mentor and so many others), it's hard not to. The story is this. I went to Bing and did a search for airshock.net, which is the site of this guy who I know a little bit. He says that he is a web host, a radio broadcaster, and so many other things, and he has his own dedicated server from single hop. I looked at the blurb from Bing that is usually on the page once you click it, but upon clicking the page, I could see none of what Bing showed. All that is actually on the page is a bunch of links that flont the CMS he uses (Joomla!), and why it is the best and a list of hosting sites where you can have your sites hosted with Joomla! You can't find anything about his "Corporation". I'd be very nervous to tell him off till I can get proof from an expert here that this is fraud-like activity. My friend tried to tell him off by reporting his site as a forgery to Mozilla, but the guy caught him and when his server went down at the same moment, my friend ran (I personally believe that he ran from tech for good because he had something to do with the server takedownas well). But if this guy is a fraud and he really doesn't have a clue what he is doing, I want to be able to put a stop to him in the appropriate and professional manner so that if he is, he will stop exploiting people, including my best friend. (not the same guy who tried however so unprofessionally to stop him last year). Thanks, and feel free to take a look at airshock.net and see for yourself what I mean. And the other thing is that the sites that he links to on his homepage, or what little homepage there is, they have enough spelling errors in them to choke a horse.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Airshock LLC

Airshock LLC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hello all,

This is Logan Merrill, the owner of Airshock LLC, the company that chrome buster mentioned in the first post in this topic. I just thought I'd write this post to dispel any questions that may remain after reading the above post.

First of all, we are not a fraudulent organization. Rather, we are still constructing our main site, but haven't had much time to do so because we have been focusing on serving our clients and improving the quality, reliability, and stability of our network and services. As Katherine (chrome buster) stated in her post, we are a new organization that provides Web design, Web hosting, Internet radio, and audio production services to the online community. All of our services are provided at a fraction of the cost of our competitors, yet we still manage and strive to provide the highest level of service and support in the industry.

While our main site is still under construction, we do have a shopping cart where you can find additional information about the services we offer as well as order any of our service packages. I would encourage you to visit our shopping cart at http://clients.airshock.net/cart.php and place an order if you see something you'd like. I can even give those interested a 30% discount off their first month of service if they reply to this post and indicate their interest in our services.

In conclusion, we are far from a fraudulent organization. While attempts to hack into our network and server have been made in the past, they were not successful in stopping, destroying, or rendering our server unusable, and we have since implemented many security measures to prevent future unwanted attacks.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding our company or what we offer, or would like to learn more about what we can do for your business, please feel free to call us at (212) 796-4659. You may reach me directly by dialing extension 1450 at the prompt.

Note: As I write this post I'm also working on upgrading the hardware of our server so that we have a much faster system and more RAM to work with. Therefore, if clicking on the shopping cart link above returns an error message or a "connection timed out" message, it is because the server is still online and the upgrade is still in progress. I hope to have everything upgraded by Saturday, December 3, 2011, so feel free to try visiting our shopping cart throughout that day to see if it is back online. Our phone system is hosted on a separate server, so you can still call us anytime, night or day, and we'll be able to answer you or receive your voicemail if you leave us a message.

Thanks for reading this post, and we look forward to serving you.

Logan Merrill
Airshock LLC

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Okay, look. I'm sorry. I just wasn't sure at the time. I just had to check, you know?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users