Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor showing "No Signal Detected"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dave019283

dave019283

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

I recently build a new PC and removed the graphics card from my Old computer (the one in question) for a couple hours to use in the new computer.
Problem is when I put it back in the old PC I kept getting the "No Signal Detected" or "No Input" on my monitor.
I bought a new graphics card and put it in, same error. New monitor, same error.

So my assumption is some piece of hardware is broken but if I am hoping to avoid going out to buy more for a PC I will just be selling.

Edited by dave019283, 06 November 2011 - 12:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dave019283

dave019283
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:14 PM

I have read many topics but most of them were solved with the troubleshooting I already did and others have no solutions.

Anyone have a next step I should take?

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Problem is when I put it back in the old PC I kept getting the "No Signal Detected" or "No Input" on my monitor.

Do you see any physical damage to the slot or anything close by?

graphics card from my Old computer (the one in question) for a couple hours to use in the new computer.

How about now? Does the old gfx card still work in the new computer?

but if I am hoping to avoid going out to buy more for a PC I will just be selling.

Hopefully your motherboard has onboard graphics and your computer boots up using the same.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 dave019283

dave019283
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

All pins and slots seem to be in perfect condition, I have also tried more than one cord from the outlet to monitor and monitor to graphics card.

The old graphics card does work in the new computer. (So all 3 of the graphics cards work in new PC, but none work in old PC - all giving the same input error)

There is a slot on the MOBO to plug the monitor cord in, but it also shows the input error.

Edit: Also I don't know if this helps but switching between the motherboard graphics and card graphics give different errors. "No input" and "no signal" respectively.

Edited by dave019283, 08 November 2011 - 02:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users