Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes while looping sounds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheGoobKid

TheGoobKid

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

I have a dell XPS 15 laptop and sometimes it just crashes while looping a sound or the screen will have all the pixles scrambled all over the place. Other times when I'm trying to play games it would just close, but the process would still be running in the background, and making everything else slower. Recently the windows startup has been getting ridiculously slow and there would be sound lag, like a disk scratching, and then it would go back to normal after a few seconds, but things get ridiculously slow when that happens, and sometimes it would just crash while repeating that sound. I run McAfee Security Centre (it came with the computer), and it doesnt say a thing's wrong with the computer.

Google Chrome has been crashing recently for some problems with the flash or something else, it would also say additional plug-ins are needed to display some items on this site, I click the install plugin button and nothing would happen, and I update java and everything I can think of so not sure if this is related or not.

I also use a cooling pad, cuz the computer gets pretty hot for things like Fable 3 and black-ops, but they would crash mid game, and my computer should be able to run those on medium settings without any problems, but at the same time, when it crashes for cod4 and other simple game, I feel like there's something wrong. When Im playing Fifa 12 or any of the Assassins creed games it would work just fine though.

up dating the graphics drivers didnt help either.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this, im preloading CODMW3 from steam and I dont think I'm gonna be able to play it if this keeps on happening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

Recently the windows startup has been getting ridiculously slow and there would be sound lag, like a disk scratching

that sounds like a bad hard drive, or a noisy fan who knows .

Edited by caperjac, 06 November 2011 - 09:57 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 TheGoobKid

TheGoobKid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

OK thanks, I should probably take it apart and check it out. The place i used to live in had a lot of dust and that might be the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users