Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

script error, windows reloads,

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pattat11

pattat11

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

I made a big mistake. I can not pin point when it started but the script error message started and trouble shooting said that it could be from a recent windows update. The error message happened eveytime I switch internet sites. Also upon trying to open certain desktop icons, said windows has to reload but still would not open.
I tried restore to all know good restore points but nothing worked.
Someone suggested I update my browser to restore, I did and did not work, I then thought maybe updateing to IE 9 would be good, not...now I have a big mess and could use some help if this makes any sense to you.

I know I have muliple issues so not sure how to title, guidance is needed.
Patti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

What is the exact wording of the error message?

When does it occur?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 pattat11

pattat11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

dell vostro 1400
vista home basic 32 bit

When I reset my IE to defaults and upgraded to IE, I'm not getting that error message at this point.
But I don;t like IE 9 and wanted to go back to 8, I was just going to uninstall so that IE 8 would start working again, well the icon in programs is missing so I can't uninstall.

What ever happened messed with my windows because it will say can not find windows and needs to reload..

At this point I'm not much help because I don;t know what state my lap top is in at the moment...

WIth the lack of information I am providing, I don't think I'm helping myself by helping you.

Willing to try anything...I do not have the startup discs to do restore new.

Patti
By the way, thanks fo rthe quick response.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:40 PM

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/18604142/18727128.aspx#18727128

Seems that you can restore from system without disks...but I would contact Dell about such disks, if you re to continue using Vista as your O/S.

At this point in time...I suggest sticking with IE 9 or some other browser...if you don't have the hiccups with such which you have previously mentioned.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users