Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reformatted windows 7 and most programs dont start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blake_21

blake_21

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 7, everything went smooth and I updated everything with windows update. After it installed service pack 1 I couldnt start most programs that I have installed for example winamp, vlc and utorrent and thats all I have realised so far. If I just simply double click on one of those programs I get a process that is always 120k no matter which program and it will keep allowing you to click just making even more of these processes. I can get these programs to start if I run as administrator but when they start explorer crashes, I have tried searching the web but no-one else seems to have quite the same problem and I wouldnt have a clue as to what I could do to stop it. I would class myself as a quite knowledgeable with computers but I just cant figure this one out. Any help would be great and now my system specs:

msi x58 pro mobo
core i7 920 @ 2.67ghz
12gb corsair ddr3 1333mhz
geforce gtx 295 zotac
1050 watt psu
msi x58 pro mobo
core i7 920 @ 2.67ghz
geforce gtx 295 zotac
1050 watt psu
windows 7 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

1) Why did you need to reinstall? The fact that you are using utorrent raises a yellow flag.

2) After reinstalling, did you download and install all drivers including the chipset driver?

#3 blake_21

blake_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

I just decided to start over again the previous install was just getting too cluttered, and yes I installed all drivers including chipset from cd when I first booted then let windows update go. It was working fine then after windows was fully updated I started having these problems and I have done multiple virus scans without any detections.
msi x58 pro mobo
core i7 920 @ 2.67ghz
geforce gtx 295 zotac
1050 watt psu
windows 7 64bit

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

. After it installed service pack 1

http://windows.microsoft.com/uninstallwindows7sp1

Tekken

#5 blake_21

blake_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for your help guys but I figured out the problem, for some reason the startup was set to selective just changed it back to normal startup and everything is good. Such a simple thing can cause such major problems.
msi x58 pro mobo
core i7 920 @ 2.67ghz
geforce gtx 295 zotac
1050 watt psu
windows 7 64bit

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:50 AM

Glad you got it sorted out - thanks for posting the resolution :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users