Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 redhead71

redhead71

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

OK - I did not really introduce myself....frustration is running high and I am trying very hard not to throw the computer out the window....I am is very wet and cold Michigan....supposed to be working on a presentation for work for tomorrow morning - and these computer problems are kicking my butt....so far nothing done on the presentation....

Last weekend went to out favorite park just accross the border in Canada - and the beach was completely thawed...usually this time of year there are icebergs as far as the eye can see - we walked along the beach with the water gently lapping the sand for over an hour....need to go back there in my brain so I don't go nutty about the computer....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

Welcome to BC redhead71.
Hopefully we can help you kick back.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

Living in the same general area, although further south, I know that this period of warmth will have its payback blizzard sometime soon.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:07 AM

Oh come on. Canada? Icebergs? What a novel concept. Hmmmm.......

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 redhead71

redhead71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:34 AM

OK - maybe they are small icebergs ;-)

We go to the Pinery in Grand Bend almost every weekend in the summer - and about once a month in the winter.

So what is the winter like in Collingwood? We like to travel around in that area - camped in Killarney and Killbear park near Parry Sound as a kid - have also gone a couple times as an adult - not a lot of time off to go that far....

Thanks for the encouragement in getting this thing licked - I am feeling more optimistic....

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

This winter, so far, has been unusually warm. Hope things are working out for you and your machine. :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 redhead71

redhead71
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:58 PM

I believe PapaKid is looking at my hijack log - I know it takes a few days so I am waiting patiently - won't have a lot of time until the weekend anyway - but I am hoping i can get it cleaned up. He said he had glanced at it and I am assuming that he has a list of people in order of their request. He said i definitely have the winfix virus....

What you guys do is so cool - I like how your messages say "we use our powers for good, not evil" It is hard for me to believe that there are so many viruses out there - so many people doing evil just for the sake of it....also great a site like this will help people....

I am also looking at getting a new computer - the one I have at home is getting pretty old and ornery - and windows 98 does not seem to be cutting it anymore - strange thing is that the properties tells me I have win98 - but the hijack log is the first time I have seen anything on my computer saying I am running win98SE - problem is I keep running into problems using stuff - the windows mediaplayer plays but has no audio, I cannot use my memory stick because I need a higher version of windows. I just can't see spending 200 dollars for windows XP when a new computer with windows on it is between 500 and 800 dollars.

My husband has preyy much abandoned this whole issue - the computer freaks out all the time so he will have no part of it - but I am trying to prevail. If I get the computer cleaned up I will know how to do all this stuff for when it happens on my new computer - and then I can donate the old computer to charity or give it to someone who needs one.

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:29 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! redhead71.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic