Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how can I tell if a Report /post was submitted

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gnat22

gnat22

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hi, tried to submit a 'Report' ('Tidiness' issue apparently, gleaned from other topic here), re: 2 posts I want 'merged'. I am showing up as a 'reply' to myself on a new topic. BAD ! But when I try to 'submit' nothing happens. So has either not been sent at all, or has been sent twice already. Can't tell/find out. Anyone know? Not coming up w/ anything on 'search'...
Don't want to be 'pushy', but w/ puter so *$^&^, hate to just sit it out for 3 days, if unnecc. haha, will try here & see if THIS sends :-) thx,n

Edited by hamluis, 21 November 2011 - 12:49 PM.
Moved from Gen Chat to Am I Infected topic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

I merged your posts in the Am I Infected forum.
Your Report was there.

AII
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic426383.html

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2011 - 07:46 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Reports, once submitted, are only visible to Moderators, Global Moderators, and Administrators since generally these groups are the only ones empowered to take action on most reports. Both of your reports were received and were acted on by another staffer while I was writing this. Most reports are resolved in an hour or two at most, and often considerably less (as you have seen :))

Edit: Dangit boopme, you beat me to the report and the reply?! Someone check boop's coffee for moderation-enhancing substances :P

Edited by Andrew, 05 November 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

I'm not sure Andrew, last I saw of boopster he looked like this:

Posted Image

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

Thank you ALL : Boopme, Andrew & Animal. Very Much Appreciated. For the 'action', the 'info' & the Laugh !! Had some unexpected family biz come up, or would have seen & thanked you sooner. May be a newbie, but didn't mean to be a rude one :-) Good lives to you all, thx,nat

#6 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Hi, am doing my 'Prep' b4 posting for help in Malware Removal Forum. I have read Grinlers article (B-up is step One) & followed thru w/ his Wikipedia link for BackUp info to educate myself. hah, Not enough to do the trick apparently. Also, Your Highness' article on Cobian. Checked out (again from Grinler's original 'tutorial') Windows XP link, but looks like that has to be used to transfer files & settings to another computer w/ XP only ??
His DriveImage XML sounds great, esp. since he uses, but a little too much for me right now. And don't have Vista so ignored that link.
Searched for more info, and found not much to help me, altho did see suggestion that Your Highness update her tutorial about Cobian (or rather, I say the whole subject, doubt if Cobian itself changed so much). So am making that idea into such a Request for more (updated) info, for us less technologically inclined ppl. As in topic desc., self-helps from 2005 & '06. So, Is STILL the 'best' & easiest for ppl like me? Saw 'Macrium Reflect' somewhere, but in lieu of random Googling, am taking advantage of better minds than mine & asking for help here.
Am direly behind on bills now, the freeware Cobian sounds 'nice' for that reason alone, LOL, but am clueless on what/how I might do. I have XP Media Edition, and Win Media Player, along w/ everything that entails (in my case, occasionally playing or burning a CD) isn't working. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I have mostly reg. files & pix. Have never used a Flash Drive,even...
It'd be nice to see updates by Grinler/Your Highness happen eventually. Be even 'nicer' for suggestions now :-)
thank you, nat :crazy: (is me right now)

Edited by hamluis, 21 November 2011 - 12:54 PM.
Merged with topic in Gen Chat.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Hi gnat22,

I have a feeling you have a combination of corrupt Windows XP files, and malware. Thanks for trying again, though. The helpers in the Malware Removal forum have other tools that I am not allowed to use here. This is why I have suggested you start a new thread there.

The about getting started steps, starting with step 6, are relatively easy to follow. If you have any difficulty with any of those steps, it'd be best to say so in your new topic, rather than here in this thread.

Please...do as directed and start with Step 6.

Louis

#8 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hi Louis, Well, I'm actually more than a little concerned to go ahead & start w/ Step 6, as in 'Prep' Grinler seems to think having a back-up IS important, & should even be done 'routinely' ! (from Step 1). And from Step 5, I would be working w/o a Firewall, & it seems that's kind've imp. too during Clean-up. And in the previous BC post on "Configure" topic, Step 6 wasn't mentioned. So I had a couple hours to study & try & learn what I needed to do PRIOR to posting in MR, so as to not waste BC volunteers time.
My daddy just died, I want to take No unneccessary chances w/ losing the little bit I have on my computer that has to do with him. If Grinler thinks it needs to be done, so do I. This forum is titled, in part, 'Suggestions'. Which is one part of what I posted. I looked at the dates of the two articles in question, just to see if they HAD been updated ever in the last 5-6 years. And they weren't. Or IF they were, there was no update date given. If all that info still stands, a simple 'updated in 2011' would've reassured me that 'Yes, this is still good info". Did not suggest DriveImage be updated, because it was done in 2010.
It's not that I can't Google around & find out stuff eventually myself, after all that's how I found BLEEPING Computer. I was just hoping that Someone might have a suggestion or two that would be beneficial.
I don't have a backup, I don't have a firewall, I don't have a CD/DVD burner right now unless someone can help me get WMP working again. A couple -- yes that's right -- maybe 2-3 pix on here can't be replicated. One of them is the last picture of me and my dad, and ..... gotta stop cuz I really don't want to offend anyone.
Look I apologise to everyone that reads this, if it was WRONG to sneak in a little request for help in this forum. I'll close the same way I did earlier. It'd be 'nicer' to have suggestions now. Even if it's 'Sorry you're SOL on a back-up right now.' rather than just telling me to 'skip-it'. Thank you,nat

#9 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hi gnat22,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. Backing up is usually important, however, in your case I would recommend going to the Malware Removal forum first.

There are some issues with your PC that need fixing and your helper will try to clean you up. Once this is done you should then consider backing up your files (we all know how important the files on our PC are!). We understand your frustration, but back up may be easier once you're clean :)

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

#10 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

Thank you Casey, for that info. Wait-time understandable, as hadn't actually 'posted' yet. Just did not want to waste BC volunteers time by not having done everything I was supposed to do b4 posting. But now, I will take your advice & just get started. Thanks much for taking the time to 'steer me on', was nice of you. nat

#11 Casey_boy

Casey_boy

Bleeping physicist

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

You're welcome :)

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Am I Infected? * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users