Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing System Security 2012

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OMGRandyJackson

OMGRandyJackson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Hi All,

I followed this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic426116.html to remove System Security 2012. However I when I click on the start menu I still have system security 2012 icon. How do I remove this? I tried following the steps in the thread I linked but I cannot find my start menu folder..

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer
Download CCLEANER the link below:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.Also hit start run then type msconfig then hit the services tab then hit put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services? Also post to me the uninstall list from ccleaner please.

I cant advise you on running any malware removal applications but maybe this method can help you.

#3 OMGRandyJackson

OMGRandyJackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

You are missing the point I meant. System Security 2012 has been removed from my computer however when I click the start icon on windows the icon for System Security 2012 is still there. It is a shortcut or something to launch the application but when I removed the virus it still left this shortcut behind. This is what I am trying to remove.

Also not to be mean or anything but when I search your posts, this seems to be your answer to every topic...

Edited by OMGRandyJackson, 05 November 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

Well can you do as I said?What I AM suggesting will pull up your start menu maybe we can kill the app from there wont hurt to try if i was giving bad advice i wouldnt last long on this site the choice is yours just because i dont have many post doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about

And no im not missing the point i fully understand what you are asking!

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 05 November 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

You may try and delete it in safemode.

#6 OMGRandyJackson

OMGRandyJackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

And no im not missing the point i fully understand what you are asking!

Are you sure you understand what I am asking?

The APP has BEEN REMOVED from my computer. It does not appear in my startup list in CC and does not appear in the Uninstall list in CC either.

#7 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

ok nevermind I misunderstood.....Leaving this to someone more qualified.

#8 OMGRandyJackson

OMGRandyJackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

bump..

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

How are you looking for the start menu? What operating system are you using?

If you cannot find it using My Computer, there is an alternate method that is much better.

Download, install, then run Everything search from here http://www.voidtools.com/. Wait for the list to populate then type in start menu.

Results will be displayed. You can then click the name of the folder to open the Start menu folder.

OR you can search for System Security 2012.

#10 OMGRandyJackson

OMGRandyJackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I click the start menu, the windows icon in the bottom left. In the search box I type System Security 2012. I have not left clicked it yet as I do not want to possibility activate the virus again. But I did right click it and go to properties.

For target, it says: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\H777fRRL9gTqjYe\yIIVVrzzONtA0cS.exe
For start in, it says: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\UbD3onG4aHsJfLg

When I browse to the start in directory (C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\UbD3onG4aHsJfLg) it has a System Security 2012 logo and it is a icon file.
When I browse to the target directory (C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\H777fRRL9gTqjYe\yIIVVrzzONtA0cS.exe) it says Windows cannot find.

How do I safely delete these files and make sure i dont restart the virus?

#11 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Did you happen to follow the other link that was included in the post that you had linked? There is a tutorial on how to remove System Security 2012. The post that you linked to was in regard to a leftover icon after the infection was removed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-security-2011

#12 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for the info on removing this virus. I just had a PC come in today with it. Oh just as an added note there is a new version of Hiren's out ver. 15.0.

#13 OMGRandyJackson

OMGRandyJackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Did you happen to follow the other link that was included in the post that you had linked? There is a tutorial on how to remove System Security 2012. The post that you linked to was in regard to a leftover icon after the infection was removed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-security-2011

Yes. That guide how ever makes no mention to my problem AFAIK.

#14 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

You could do what I suggested in my post above that mentions Everything search.

Type in or copy/paste the name of the file in the search bar.

If it shows up RIGHT click on the name of the file, choose Delete, and it goes bye-bye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users