Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Resolution

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _jordan

_jordan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Hello,

I currently have Windows Vista installed on my laptop, and everything is great except for the fact that I cannot get my resolution any higher than 1024x768, and I have a widescreen laptop with a standard resolution of 1200x800 (I believe). Anybody know how I can fix this?

Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Raban

Raban

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:34 PM

that has got to be entirely dependent on the video driver you're using ... thankfully NVidia included driver support for my 6800 ultra so i'm able to run at a variety of resolutions (although not as many as under winxp, but i'm sure that will change in the future)

right now i'm running at 1920x1200 and its working fine... although there doesn't seem to be support for dual monitors currently... windows recognizes that i have a dual-display but is unable to extend the desktop over to it

#3 Binny

Binny

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

According to what specs I could find it claims you need a FX series or higher to run vista...im running an MX4000 and absolutely no issues. Currently running 1600x1200. Try updating your drivers?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

I've got an nVidia 5700 Ultra card that works fine with Vista - until I try to change the resolutions. I attribute this to immature drivers (and have submitted bug reports on it) in the Vista package. I'm eager to try the nVidia beta drivers that were just released, but haven't done so yet.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users