Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accidentally deleted a folder and emptied trash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gmcmillan8

gmcmillan8

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

I have a good friends Dell computer running Windows 7 and 8G PNY flash drive. She accidentally deleted an entire folder from her flash drive that had her entire semester of MBA class work. Not realizing that she deleted the folder off her flash drive she emptied her trash bin on her computer. The Folder contained two other folders and inside one folder was all her word documents and powerpoint presentations and the other folder contained all her excel files and class assignments. I have tried running a recovery program (Search & Recover - Recovered Erased Files by iolo tech) on the flash drive and the hard drive but have not gotten any results. Any suggestions??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

I don't know if this will work but try this: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 gmcmillan8

gmcmillan8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Tried the Recuva and same results as the other file recovery program.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

When you delete files on removable USB flash drives, they are not moved to Recycle Bin on your hard disk. They are just deleted.
So you should try running Recuva in deep scan mode on the USB flash disk in question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users