Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:55 AM
1. Right-click on the Microsoft Anti-Spyware icon in the system tray [it's the one with the red and yellow bulls-eye].
2. Click on "Security Agents Status".
3. Click on "Disable real-time protection"
Next open Microsoft Anti-Spyware by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray again.
1. Click on the Options menu and choose "Settings".
2. In the left pane column click on "Real Time Protection".
3. Under Startup Options, uncheck "Enable (MSAS) Security Agents on startup (recommended)"
4. Under Real-time spyware threat protection, uncheck and "Enable real-time spyware threat protection" (recommended).
5. Click the "Save" button and close Microsoft AntiSpyware.
Finally, right-click on the Microsoft Anti-Spyware icon in the system tray one more time and select "Shutdown Microsoft Antispyware".
.Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted EliminatorsIf I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click