Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No driver for network adapter post windows install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geminiminx

geminiminx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop that had a virus. Long story short - we decided to reinstall Windows 7. Professional was the only version I had a disk for, and now the Network Driver Adapter is missing. In device manager it is showing the ethernet controller, network controller and PCI simple communications controller are unknown. Since the laptop is pretty much brand new but is no longer under warranty, and there are no windows disks for it, Window 7 Pro was not the original OS. It should have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP 1 on it. I downloaded from the intel site a driver that I thought might work, but the install was stopped because it says there are no Intel network adapters in the computer. Since it's not able to get online, I used a thumb drive to get the exe from my desktop to the laptop. The original specs on the laptop are listed below if that's helpful:

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
Processor and Graphics

Intel Pentium B940 processor
2.0 GHz, 2MB cache
Mobile Intel HM65 Express Chipset
Mobile Intel HD graphics with 64MB-1696MB shared graphics memory

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

L755 is a series. Find the correct model version here:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

and see if there are drivers for your Windows version.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users