Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CONFIG sys32 corrupt?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 gnat22

gnat22

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi, my computer (windows XP)been funky/slow for months. Could always eventually improve it, with trial & error. Is suddenly (last couple weeks) much worse. Last msg I rec'd when trying to restart was "Could not start because following file missing or corrupt Windows\System32\config\system". This was first time for that. Wouldn't start in safe mode, finally did restart w/ recovery disk, but am scared won't be able to again. I never set up an Admin. pw, but after 3rd try w/o pw, puter went ahead & started.
Multiple problems include: white screen/blue screen/ NOT RESPONDING msgs are chronic & sometimes will disable puter for hours. For some reason tho, now that EVERYTHING else is worse/not working, the NOT Resp. issue has improved. I had thought was AOL problem, but has happened in Windows too. System Restore says running, but can't get to screen that LETS you restore to previous point. No cut/copy/paste function. Printer has 'disappeared'. No audio. To name a few. Services that I see in msconfig just are stopped by something not me. I'll get them going, but few days later -- nada. Extended services, where I was able to re-start/enable services now blank, and properties don't come up. Surfing a crapshoot - am lucky to get to where I want. Links not working. Took me 3 days to get here to post, as either had wrong password, or AOL just not let me 'submit'. Finally figured out to try w/ Firefox & then finally could see the CAPTCHA box to prove "I'm human" & reset PW.
Is prob. obvious I know next to nothing about computers. Months ago I did run CCleaner & whatever it chose automatically to remove, I let it. Then, eventually I found Bleeping C., and discovered that wasn't so good. Ever since, I have tried to be very very careful on what I've done. I have downloaded SuperAntiSpyware & Malabytes from advice from trusted BC ppl. MBAM not work anymore "Runtime error 372; failed to load control 'vbalGrid' from vbalsgrid6.ocx.... out of date" msg. Which it isn't, as always updated.
I do have original logs, if wanted. But actually computer worse now...
PLEASE I need someone w/ patience & GOOD sense of HUMOR. I didn't know how to even do the logs b4, now I do (kind've) and know they are saved in Notepad. Which I had never used before.
Guess the short straw will get me, but I am praying someone will try to help. I'm dogged, and I follow instructions faithfully. But will need them very 'explicit'.
Thank you in advance. nat

Hi, meant to add that I had tried cutting down Start Up services, with info from BC (ie. I checked against lists here, before stopping anything). Also, some Internet Option Security stuff, when VoiceFive popups were driving me crazy. When things went so South tho (now), I put things back to Default in hopes I had inadvertently messed something up & that would help. Did NOT help.
Also, IE won't open (to use by itself, but is default browser for AOL/Firefox.) ?? is imp.?
Also, no "Search"; Windows Update missing & won't update even when go to MS site; SAS did update, and Adaware says "definitions 1370 days old" & error in updating. Don't know what that's about, ran not too long ago.

Edited by boopme, 05 November 2011 - 07:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi gnat22,

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.

Some things to remember while we are working together.

• Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
  • Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.
  • Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
  • Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.
  • Do not run anything while running a fix.
  • If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.

Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.

Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.

I have a feeling there's a combination of Windows XP being corrupted and malware on your computer.

:step1: Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List last 10 Event Viewer Log Errors
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go . Please put code boxes around just this entire log, like this, but without the letter x: [xcode] paste the entire MiniToolBox log here [/xcode]

:step2: Let's uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • First uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Download the mbam-clean.exe (MBAM Cleanup Utility) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on mbamclean.exe to start the utility.
  • When the cleanup routine has finished, it will ask to reboot your computer. Please allow the reboot.

:step3: Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

In your next reply, please include:
  • MiniToolBox log
  • Malwarebytes log
  • How's your computer running now? Please be as descriptive as possible.

Edited by jntkwx, 07 November 2011 - 09:00 PM.

Regards,
Jason

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Hi Jason, am SO happy to have you, thank you. Recently lost my dad, I desperately need this puter to do some stuff.
I will apologize in advance for my lack of IT knowledge & many questions. An easy one is: I wrote a reply in the 'Fast Reply' box, thought I sent, but didn't show up. Is that just for BC ppl ?
And on to real ?'s:
#1. I don't know how to do 'code boxes'. Do you mean to use []'s around ?? what ??

would be a quote here if could paste..

so, With no x, but w/ a '/' ? Sorry, can you give me an example?
#2. Had to get on this last time w/ recovery disk. I had never set up a password for Admin., and I finally called a local IT guy to see if there was a 'default' generic PW that would let me open disk. He said 'no, & w/o a PW being set-up b4 now, I wouldn't get on/SOL". BUT I did, eventually. Am I worried for nothing? I mean, should it always let me on, if I try long enough, or should I set up something before I do MBAM, which needs the reboot?
#3. I cannot cut/copy/paste. So how can I get you the logs?
thanks, nat

#4 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Hi gnat22,

No need to apologize. I promise I'll be patient. :)

I don't use the Fast Reply option, I always use the Add Reply button (or Use Full Editor, both of these options brings you to the same page). I'm not sure why it didn't post anything. It should have posted whatever you had typed in the box when you clicked on the Post button.

1. With the code boxes, it just makes it easier for me to read the MiniToolBox log. They are just like the quote boxes, except instead of the word "quote" they have the word "code" inside the brackets. Example of a code box:
This is text inside a code box

2. What happened the last time when you tried to start your computer without the recovery disc? Were you prompted for an admin password? When you use the recovery disc, it may prompt you for a password. If you have never created an admin password, just leave the password blank (don't type in anything) and press the Enter key.
Regards,
Jason

If I am helping you and have not returned in 48 hours, please feel free to send me a PM with a link to the topic.
My help is free... however, if you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, please consider a donation: btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hi Jason :-), just a lil more background on 'other symptoms'. In original post, when I said I improved some stuff by 'trial & error' meant basic things, like going into Services & restarting/enabling/etc. Trying to get rid of old Norton/Lexmark/McAffee/etc; adding automatic updates; using MS 'Fix-Its', first time I think I ever deleted something w/o knowing what it was was the CCleaner. Didn't mean just I randomly did things. haha, too scared to.
On 10/3/11, ran SAS Quickscan, 1st time. It found Trojan.CWS/Hwy; Rogue.AVGAntivirus2011; and BrowserHijacker.deskbar. I also saw "Antivirus 360', but it wasn't a 'threat' according to SAS. Think I also checked it against a list of 'bad'stuff here on BC. I also installed MBAM, found adwares mostly, and 'Vundu' something? Am thinking that's bad now, but...?
I did disable all my IE addons that I had been 'given', w/o my knowledge. I was having a HUGE amount of problems w/ 'Not Respondings'/Hanging forever, and would get 60 Error msg's in EventVwr in less than a minute. Most having to do w/ IP AD being 'lost' ? Contacted my cable co., and eventually got it fixed, or at least wasn't happening nearly as much. During same time, I rec'd a msg. from Google that it wouldn't accept my 'search' as there was a large amount of mail coming from me. That appeared to resolve itself tho, w/i the hour or so. That's all the stuff I can think of right now. I am sure tho, I need to get rid of a bunch of AOL files tho. When I COULD use my Search function, looked one time & there's over 350 files that came up w/ AOL in name. Just knew enough to know I didn't know what I could safely dispose of. Maybe when some of this other stuff is taken care of ?? Will be 'Crazy JNTKWX' by then.... ;-)
Will be concise from here on out...... n.

#6 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi, sorry just saw your reply. :-) Am comp. idiot, how do I get the msg. in the code box ?
And I had NEVER needed the rec. disk before. Had never even opened, was a miracle I even found it. But that's right, I just kept pushing enter, & eventually just started w/ no PW.
And ... how will I get you logs if I can't copy/paste? thx,nat

#7 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

Hi gnat22,

Are you posting here from another computer?

Let's try restarting the computer without using the recovery disc. Shutdown your computer, eject the disc, and then try to start the computer normally. If you run into any problems starting it up, please tell me word-for-word error messages that you receive, and when these errors occur (such as "after the Windows XP loading screen, I get error 0xD098")
Regards,
Jason

#8 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

Hi Jason, this weird. Have been watching & see you posted this 15 min. ago, but JUST showed up. No, am on my computer. Will do as you say... don't have disk in now, just needed it to start ... crossing fingers,thx,n

#9 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

Hi gnat22,

If you keep this page open, you may have to refresh this page to get my latest response to show up (the page does not automatically refresh itself).
Regards,
Jason

#10 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hi Jason ! Thx for news about refreshing page... is so VIP, was just sitting here glued to screen, will stop that now :-) Ok, I restarted it & it came back fine, albeit slowly. Had to 'end now' SuperAntiSpywar_ ?? there was NO 'e' and Adobe Acrobat. Then, screen sat on 'Windows starting up' for a full 5 minutes. But at least didn't need disk, so guess good to go on earlier instructions.
** as comp(lete) idiot: is this what I would do for c-box. Type
then paste (if I could paste) the entire log and then at bottom type
??
Will wait for reply, as don't know how to get you log, or should I go ahead & do everything and then let you know when I'm done ?
BTW, if you'll ever need a 'screenshot' I don't know how to do. thx,nat

#11 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

I see I now know how to do the code box :-)

#12 jntkwx

jntkwx

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,339 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Hi gnat22,

Yes, you posted the code box correctly. :thumbup2:

:step1: Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List last 10 Event Viewer Log Errors
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go . A Notepad window will open with the log file in it. Click on Edit (at the top of the window), then click on Select All. This will highlight all of the text. Click on Edit again, and then click Copy. Once the text is copied, you can paste the text into your next reply (between the code boxes) by holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then pressing the V key on your keyboard (this is the keyboard shortcut for pasting anything you have copied.)

:step2: Let's uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • First uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Download the mbam-clean.exe (MBAM Cleanup Utility) and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on mbamclean.exe to start the utility.
  • When the cleanup routine has finished, it will ask to reboot your computer. Please allow the reboot.

:step3: Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
Download Link 1
Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
    For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

In your next reply, please include:
  • MiniToolBox log
  • Malwarebytes log
  • How's your computer running now? Please be as descriptive as possible.

Regards,
Jason

#13 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

Great ! Will do... will be glad when can print again (for instr.) See you soon, I hope :-)

#14 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hi Jason, Mini-Tbox just sitting there 5 min. Can see 'clear list'@ btm, and the title at the top. just tried clicking title, and little box to left. I surely don't need to do anything diff. to download in Firefox as opposed to AOL, do I ? Or... do I ? Clock in box not changing...thx,nat

#15 gnat22

gnat22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

hmph, took 6 min, but here... am sending by itself, cuz I'm here & able,n
MiniToolBox by Farbar 
Ran by nat (administrator) on 07-11-2011 at 22:51:35
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (X86)

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ============================== 

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ============================== 

========================= Hosts content: =================================

127.0.0.1       localhost

========================= IP Configuration: ================================
WARNING: Could not obtain host information from machine: [THANKYOULORD]. Some commands may not be available.
The RPC server is unavailable.

# ---------------------------------- 
# Interface IP Configuration         
# ---------------------------------- 
pushd interface ip

# Interface IP Configuration for "Wireless Network Connection"

set address name="Wireless Network Connection" source=dhcp 
set dns name="Wireless Network Connection" source=dhcp register=PRIMARY
set wins name="Wireless Network Connection" source=dhcp

# Interface IP Configuration for "Local Area Connection"

set address name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp 
set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp register=PRIMARY
set wins name="Local Area Connection" source=dhcp

popd
# End of interface IP configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : thankyoulord

Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . : 

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Creatix CTX404 WLAN 802.11b

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-CA-02-2F-3B

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : 

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-76-53-B3-44

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.225.98.54

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 24.225.98.254

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.124.0.245

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.124.0.193

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, November 07, 2011 10:17:11 PM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:17:11 AM

Server:  cdns1.sunflower.com
Address:  24.124.0.193

Name:    google.com
Addresses:  74.125.47.106, 74.125.47.147, 74.125.47.99, 74.125.47.103
	  74.125.47.104, 74.125.47.105

Pinging google.com [74.125.47.105] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 74.125.47.105: bytes=32 time=61ms TTL=55

Reply from 74.125.47.105: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 74.125.47.105:

Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 52ms, Maximum = 61ms, Average = 56ms

Server:  cdns1.sunflower.com
Address:  24.124.0.193

Name:    yahoo.com
Addresses:  67.195.160.76, 72.30.2.43, 98.137.149.56, 98.139.180.149

Pinging yahoo.com [209.191.122.70] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 209.191.122.70: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=54

Reply from 209.191.122.70: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 209.191.122.70:

Minimum = 58ms, Maximum = 58ms, Average = 58ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

===========================================================================
Interface List
0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface
0x10003 ...00 07 ca 02 2f 3b ...... Creatix CTX404 WLAN 802.11b
0x10004 ...00 0c 76 53 b3 44 ...... Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0    24.225.98.254    24.225.98.54	  20
      24.225.98.0    255.255.255.0     24.225.98.54    24.225.98.54	  20
     24.225.98.54  255.255.255.255        127.0.0.1       127.0.0.1	  20
   24.255.255.255  255.255.255.255     24.225.98.54    24.225.98.54	  20
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0        127.0.0.1       127.0.0.1	  1
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0     24.225.98.54    24.225.98.54	  20
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255     24.225.98.54           10003	  1
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255     24.225.98.54    24.225.98.54	  1
Default Gateway:     24.225.98.254
Persistent Routes:
  None

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (11/05/2011 00:54:50 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service) (User: )
Description: Failed to start service

Error: (11/05/2011 00:54:08 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service) (User: )

Error: (11/05/2011 00:24:20 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service) (User: )

Error: (11/05/2011 00:23:40 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service) (User: )

Error: (10/25/2011 09:10:02 AM) (Source: Microsoft Management Console) (User: )
Description: mmc.exe5.2.3790.4136mmc.exe5.2.3790.41360004095d

Error: (10/25/2011 09:09:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft Management Console) (User: )

Error: (10/24/2011 11:01:01 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (User: )
Description: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Error: (10/24/2011 10:58:59 AM) (Source: MsiInstaller) (User: nat)nat
Description: Product: Lexmark Fax Solutions -- Error 1719.The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Error: (10/24/2011 02:19:15 AM) (Source: COM+) (User: )
Description: A condition has occurred that indicates this COM+ application is in an unstable state or is not functioning correctly. Assertion Failure: SUCCEEDED(hr)

Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
Server Application Instance ID:
{53830255-3617-46E8-B18B-B921F8532342}
Server Application Name: System Application
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
Error Code = 0x8000ffff : Catastrophic failure
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: f:\xpsp3\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\tracker\trksvr\trksvrimpl.cpp, Line: 3000
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.702 shp

Error: (10/24/2011 02:19:15 AM) (Source: EventSystem) (User: )
Description: The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.  HRESULT was 80070422 from line 44 of d:\comxp_sp3\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

System errors:
=============
Error: (11/07/2011 10:15:20 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )
Description: The UPS service is not configured correctly.

Error: (11/02/2011 04:06:33 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/28/2011 08:34:04 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/28/2011 08:28:27 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/28/2011 08:20:15 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/27/2011 00:35:29 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/27/2011 00:07:58 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/27/2011 11:28:53 AM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/27/2011 11:10:20 AM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Error: (10/26/2011 02:57:46 PM) (Source: UPS) (User: )

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (11/05/2011 00:54:50 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service)(User: )

Error: (11/05/2011 00:54:08 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service)(User: )

Error: (11/05/2011 00:24:20 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service)(User: )

Error: (11/05/2011 00:23:40 AM) (Source: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service)(User: )

Error: (10/25/2011 09:10:02 AM) (Source: Microsoft Management Console)(User: )

Error: (10/25/2011 09:09:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft Management Console)(User: )

Error: (10/24/2011 11:01:01 AM) (Source: Application Hang)(User: )
Description: iexplore.exe8.0.6001.18702hungapp0.0.0.000000000

Error: (10/24/2011 10:58:59 AM) (Source: MsiInstaller)(User: nat)nat
Description: Product: Lexmark Fax Solutions -- Error 1719.The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.(NULL)(NULL)(NULL)

Error: (10/24/2011 02:19:15 AM) (Source: COM+)(User: )
Description: SUCCEEDED(hr)

Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
Server Application Instance ID:
{53830255-3617-46E8-B18B-B921F8532342}
Server Application Name: System Application
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
Error Code = 0x8000ffff : Catastrophic failure
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: f:\xpsp3\com\com1x\src\comsvcs\tracker\trksvr\trksvrimpl.cpp, Line: 3000
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.702 shp

Error: (10/24/2011 02:19:15 AM) (Source: EventSystem)(User: )
Description: d:\comxp_sp3\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp4480070422

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint (Version: 6.00.1395.4512)
Ad-Aware (Version: 9.5.0)
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin (Version: 10.3.181.34)
Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX (Version: 11.0.1.152)
Adobe Illustrator 9.0.1 (Version: 9.0.1)
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 (Version: 6.0)
Adobe Reader 7.1.0 (Version: 7.1.0)
Adobe SVG Viewer (Version: 1.0)
Ahead Nero OEM
AOL Coach Version 1.0(Build:20040229.1 en)
AOL Registration
AOL Toolbar 5.0
AOL Uninstaller (Choose which Products to Remove)
ArcSoft PhotoImpression 6 (Version: 6)
AVG 2011 (Version: 10.0.1411)
AVG 2011 (Version: 10.0.1522)
Blackjack Tutor version 1.0.28
C-Media 3D Audio
C-Media WDM Audio Driver
Camera Driver
Canon Camera Access Library (Version: 8.4.0.1)
Canon Camera Support Core Library (Version: 7.3.1.6)
Canon G.726 WMP-Decoder (Version: 1.1.0.4)
Canon MovieEdit Task for ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 2.5.0.15)
Canon RAW Image Task for ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 0.9.3.9)
Canon Utilities CameraWindow (Version: 7.0.0.8)
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC (Version: 7.0.0.15)
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC_DV 5 for ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 5.4.5.17)
Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC_DV 6 for ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 6.4.1.15)
Canon Utilities EOS Utility (Version: 1.1.0.8)
Canon Utilities MyCamera (Version: 6.4.0.5)
Canon Utilities MyCamera DC (Version: 7.0.0.5)
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch (Version: 3.1.20.44)
Canon Utilities RemoteCapture DC (Version: 3.0.1.8)
Canon Utilities RemoteCapture Task for ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 1.7.1.9)
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX (Version: 6.0.0.246)
Canon ZoomBrowser EX Memory Card Utility (Version: 1.0.0.19)
CCleaner (Version: 2.34)
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system (Version: 12.0.6514.5001)
Coupon Printer for Windows (Version: 4.0)
Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) (Version: 9704 (Build 2184))
Driver Detective (Version: 8.0.1)
Driver Tool (Version: 8.0.1)
EPSON CX9400 User's Guide
EPSON Printer Software
EPSON Scan
EPSON Stylus CX9400Fax Series Scanner Driver Update
Google Earth (Version: 6.0.3.2197)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.69)
InstantCopy (Version: 8.0.1)
Intel(R) Extreme Graphics 2 Driver
Intel(R) PRO Network Adapters and Drivers
Intel(R) PROSet (Version: 6.05.2001)
Internet Explorer Q903235
Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.0.5.1)
Java(TM) 6 Update 26 (Version: 6.0.260)
Lexmark Fax Solutions (Version: 1.0)
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.51.2.1300 (Version: 1.51.2.1300)
Medion Flash XL
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Version: 1.1.4322)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB2572067)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Security Update (KB979906)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 2.2.30729)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 (Version: 3.2.30729)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Version: 3.5.30729)
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP (Version: 1)
Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2004 (Version: 2004)
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft Money 2004 (Version: 12.0.50)
Microsoft Money 2004 System Pack (Version: 12.0.80)
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003 (Version: 11.0.8305.0)
Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9 (Version: 9.0.0.0000)
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft VC9 runtime libraries (Version: 1.0.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (Version: 8.0.61001)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - KB2467174 - x86 9.0.30729.5570 (Version: 9.0.30729.5570)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (Version: 9.0.30729.4148)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (Version: 9.0.30729.6161)
Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer (Version: 1.5.2315.3)
Microsoft Word 2002 (Version: 10.0.2627.01)
Microsoft Works (Version: 07.03.0719)
Microsoft Works 2004 Setup Launcher
Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word (Version: 7.0.0.0000)
Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 (x86 en-US) (Version: 7.0.1)
MSN Messenger 6.0 (Version: 6.0.0602)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) (Version: 4.20.9848.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430) (Version: 4.20.9870.0)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) (Version: 4.20.9876.0)
MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB973686) (Version: 6.20.2003.0)
MUSICMATCH® Jukebox
PowerCinema 2.0
PowerDVD
PowerProducer
Print Perfect Platinum (Version: 9.3.9)
QuickTime (Version: 7.1)
RealPlayer Basic
Shockwave
SUPERAntiSpyware (Version: 5.0.1128)
Swag Bucks Toolbar (Version: 6.3.3.3)
USB Wireless Keyboard Driver Ver1.24M
Viewpoint Media Player
VLC media player 1.1.11 (Version: 1.1.11)
WebFldrs XP (Version: 9.50.6513)
Windows Backup Utility (Version: 5.1)
Windows Imaging Component (Version: 3.0.0.0)
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Version: 20080414.031525)
X10 Hardware(TM)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 51%
Total physical RAM: 503.48 MB
Available physical RAM: 245.54 MB
Total Pagefile: 1982.61 MB
Available Pagefile: 1375.45 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1995.01 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (LOCAL DISC) (Fixed) (Total:142.58 GB) (Free:112.33 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (RECOVERY) (Fixed) (Total:6.45 GB) (Free:0.78 GB) FAT32