Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help. Computer infected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 altenuta

altenuta

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

I'm Unclear. Should I start a new topic here and just use the other forum to post logs?

Al

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

Does the infection concern the same computer as the topic here? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic426328.html

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 altenuta

altenuta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

yes.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Please do not create any new topics for that computer at this point. All discussion and logs should be posted in the topic in the log forum. You need to wait for a reply to the topic in the log forum. Please read what I wrote here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic425103.html/page__view__findpost__p__2463729

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hello there,

Let me see if I can clarify things for you a bit more.

The Am I Infected forum is used to

1) Determine if someone is infected

2) Help remove lesser infections.

3) If an infection is to difficult to remove in this forum, we refer them to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum which was done in your situation.

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, which I call the log forum, is used for in-depth analysis and malware removal by trained experts. There you receive one-on-one assistance. Once you have been referred there and created your topic, your topic in the Am I Infected forum is closed to prevent confusion, which is what I did. The initial post in the log forum should contain the link to the topic you were referred from. I inserted that link into your initial post in the log forum.

It is not that the log forum is only for logs or that the AII forum is only for discussion. It is the degree and depth of assistance required to remove malware that determines if a topic should be in the log forum. Logs allowed in the Am I Infected forum include MBAM, SAS, and other general tools.

Some logs ARE restricted to the log forum because they are used ONLY for in-depth analysis and malware removal. Such logs include DDS, ComboFix, HijackThis, OTL, and others. It does not mean that that forum is only logs. Logs mean nothing without discussion. Continuity is needed in a topic for a helper to assist you. Once you have created a topic in the log forum, all posts for that malware problem need to be in that topic.

I hope you understand this.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users