Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer not uploading to computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patyjag

patyjag

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

I bought a new Gateway all in one computer and now my Dell photo 924 printer will work as a scanner with it but I can't get it to recognize it as a printer. I used the disk that came with the printer to upload the info but that only made it acknowledge the scanner. I tried browsing the internet for the download but it didn't have the same number as my printer. Any suggestions on how to make my computer acknowledge my printer would be most welcome.

And it needs to be in non-technical language. Thanks!

Paty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,547 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Uninstall the Dell software (via Add/Remove Programs)...and uninstall/delete the printer (Control Panle). If the scanner is reflected in Device Manager, uninstall it.

Driver Download

After all previous traces of printer/scanner are removed...install the download per Dell instructions.

Louis

#3 patyjag

patyjag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

Thank you for the information but it's not working either. I'll give it another try over the weekend.

Paty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users